Get into the horrifying Halloween spirit this year with our easy peasy decoreasy idea! Make devilishly delicious Rice Crispy Monsters in the blink of an eye. These ghoulish treats are a great snack to serve at your spooky soiree, and you can find all the ingredients at your local supermarket.
To make your own Rice Crispy Monsters all you’ll need is:
- 40g Butter
- 100g Marshmallows (you’ll find these in the baking aisle, white or pink ones both work)
- 75g Rice pop cereal
- Cake Décor Rainbow Colours
- Cake Décor Edible Eyes
- Put the marshmallows and butter in a microwavable bowl (or, if you’d prefer, stir over a low heat in a saucepan).
- Melt in the microwave for 1 minute, stopping every 20 seconds to stir well.
- Once the mixture is smooth, divide into 3 bowls and add your colour gels. For our Halloween monsters we used green, orange, and combined red and blue to make a spooky purple.
- Add 25g of rice pop cereal to each bowl and stir well. It should be sticky and gooey!
- Grab a handful of the mixture and mould into your monster shape – the weirder the better! (Top tip! If your monsters are proving particularly sticky, dampen your hands before scooping up the mixture – it’ll make it easier to mould into shape.)
- Put them onto a sheet of greaseproof paper and add some Edible Eyes whilst the mixture is still sticky, then wait a few hours for the monsters to set.
Our easy peasy decoreasy guide makes 9 big monsters, or even more little ones! Kids will love to help create these terrifying treats, especially when they’re super easy and quick to make. Why not try making different shaped monsters and see how many eyes you can give yours? Don’t forget to share your snaps of your monsters with us using the hashtag #Decoreasy.