We thought what better way to celebrate Mother’s Day weekend than to create some cakes that would be perfect for the all the Mums out there! These Mum cake toppers are so quick and easy to make with Choco Writers!
What’s great is that you can mix and match the Choco Writer range with lots of different colours of frosting and sprinkles – the possibilities are endless!
You will need:
• Cake Décor Choco Writers (we used the Milk and White Choco Writers for ours!)
• Buttercream frosting (we chose pink and white but you can use any colour you want – why don’t you go for your Mum’s favourite colour!)
• Sprinkle decorations
• A batch of freshly baked cupcakes
• A sheet of acetate or greaseproof paper
• Prepare your Choco Writer by following these simple instructions.. Place the Choco Writer in a measuring jug or large glass of boiling water and leave to melt for 2 to 3 minutes. Once the Choco Writer has softened, carefully lift it out of the water, unscrew the cap and snip off the tip of the nozzle with scissors. It’s now ready to use!
• Lay the acetate or greaseproof paper flat and use the Choco Writer to draw out your Mum cake toppers
• Leave the cake toppers to set for a few minutes
• While the chocolate shapes are drying, frost your cupcakes with the buttercream frosting
• Sprinkle the cupcakes with pretty decorations – we decided to go for a mix of pink and white pearls but you can use whatever you want!
• Carefully peel the dry cake toppers off of the acetate and place on top of your frosted cupcakes. It’s as simple as that!
Choco Writers are available in Sainsbury’s, Asda, Morrisons and Lakeland.