How pretty are these layered heart shaped biscuits with cake lace? Heart biscuits would make a great gift idea for loved ones or that someone special in your life, and they are so easy to make despite having a few layers of decoration!
Our brand new Cake Lace Kit makes lace decoration so simple thanks to its ready made mix and silicone mat which contains a number of unique shapes for moulding your cake lace creations.
Heart shaped biscuits:
You will need:
• 100g butter
• 50g caster sugar
• 175g plain flour
• 2 drops of vanilla extract
• Preheat your oven to 150C/Gas Mark 2
• Add the butter and sugar to a bowl and mix well until the dough is light and fluffy
• Add the vanilla extract to your mixture and stir well, and then add the flour and continue mixing
• Roll the mixture out to about 5mm
• Using a heart shaped cutter, cut out your heart biscuit shapes
• Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, or until the biscuits are golden brown
You will need:
• Ready to roll icing
• Cake Lace Kit
• Gold pearls
• Roll out your ready to roll icing and use a heart cutter to create icing hearts for your layered biscuits. Make sure that the hearts are smaller than the heart shaped biscuits, but larger than the heart mould provided in the Cake Lace kit
• Follow the instructions on the back of your Cake Lace kit to create heart shaped cake lace
• Place the heart cake lace in the centre of the heart shaped icing
• Decorate the edges of your iced heart with pearls
The Cake Lace Kit is now available to purchase at Sainsbury’s.