Here you can find out everything you need to know about our Cake Lace Kits!
Below you will find a list of Frequently Asked Questions about Cake Lace Kits! If we haven’t already answered your question then please fill out the comment box below with your email address and we will get back to you as soon as we can!
How do I use the Cake Lace Kits?
1. Preheat your oven to 80-90⁰C.
2. Spread the lace mix evenly onto the silicone mat supplied with a pallet or flat sided knife. Ensure the mix coats all shapes.
3. Remove any excess by lightly scraping the silicone mat and return unused lace mix to the pot for future use.
4. Place the filled mat into the pre-heated oven. For Gold Cake Lace heat for 12-14 minutes and for White Cake Lace heat for 20-22 minutes.
5. Remove the mat from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
6. Check your Cake lace is ready by gently peeling the edge from the mat, if the lace is not peeling, place back in the oven for 2-5 minutes. Remember, every oven is different so your lace may take longer/less time to set.
7. Gently peel the dried Cake Lace from the mat and place onto a clean surface.
8. To fix your Cake Lace to frosted cakes, gently place the shape onto the frosting
9. For sugarpaste or fondant topped cakes, lightly brush the surface with water and stick the lace shape to the surface and allow to dry.
Cake Lace can also be air dried – follow steps 2 and 3 above. Allow your filled Cake lace mat to dry at room temperature for 8-12 hours before peeling and using
What colours are available?
Cake Lace Kits are available in White and Gold
Where can I buy a Cake Lace Kit?
You can buy Cake Lace Kit Gold in Waitrose and The Range, Cake Lace Kit White is available in The Range
Is the Cake Lace edible?
Yes, Cake Lace is completely edible
Can I re-use my Cake Lace Kit after opening and using once?
Yes, you can re-use your Cake Lace mix up until the best before date. Please ensure the pot is properly resealed after use and is stored in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Care should also be taken to use clean utensils to avoid contamination
Do the Cake Lace Kits contain any artificial colours or flavours?
No, Cake Lace Kits contain no artificial flavours, no artificial colours and no hydrogenated fats
Are the Cake Lace Kits suitable for vegetarians?
Yes, Cake Lace Kits are suitable for vegetarians
How many cupcakes and/or cakes could I decorate with a Cake Lace Kit?
There is enough Cake Lace mix to fill your mat more than 20 times so you can many cakes and cupcakes with one kit
Is there anywhere I can get ideas/inspiration for how to use the Cake Lace Kits?
Of course! Have a look at our Cake Lace Kit page for some great ideas and tips! And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to be kept up to date with the latest decorating ideas, tips and videos.