Bring the colours of the rainbow to your home baking with the new Cake Décor Rainbow Cake Colours Kit!
Containing 5 bake-stable and super-strength Gel Food Colour tubes in Red, Orange, Yellow, Green and Blue, this kit has everything you need to create showstopping rainbow cakes at home.
Creating vibrant rainbow cakes is SO EASY with Rainbow Cake Colour Gels, and you can also use the kit for colouring buttercream, biscuits and other sweet treats.
Now available at Sainsbury’s and online at Sprinkles & Co!
Rainbow Cake Recipe
You will need:
– 440g self raising flour
– 440g caster sugar
– 440g softened butter
– 8 large eggs
– 540g icing sugar
– 260g softened butter
– Pre-heat oven to 180°C and grease 5 x 7” round sandwich tins, lining the bases with baking paper
– Cream 440g softened butter and 440g caster sugar in a bowl until smooth
– Add 4 large eggs and 220g self-raising flour to the mixture and beat until smooth. Add the remaining 4 eggs and 220g self-raising flour and continue mixing until smooth
– Split the mixture evenly between 5 bowls and add 10g of gel food colour to each bowl, making sure to mix thoroughly
– Pour each coloured mixture into a sandwich tin and bake in the oven for 35/40 minutes, or until golden brown and a skewer poked into the middle comes out clean
– Leave the cakes to cool on a wire rack
– To make the buttercream, gradually mix 540g icing sugar and 260g softened butter in a bowl until creamy and smooth
– Using a palette knife, smooth a thin layer of buttercream between each layer of cake to sandwich together
– Smooth a layer of buttercream over the top and sides of the rainbow cake and pop in the fridge to cool for 30 minutes
– Add a second layer of buttercream to the cake and smooth with a smoother tool. You can leave the cake smooth, or add texture or pattern with a small spatula