Show someone you love them with a selection of cake pops this Valentine’s Day. These tasty treats are so much fun to make and even more fun to decorate as the possibilities really are endless!
The Cake Decor Choco Writers are great for decorating cake pops as you can create so many patterns and designs with the chocolate, and our Glitter Sprays add the perfect finishing touch to any cakes or bakes!
You will need:
• Vanilla Sponge Cake – either bake your own, buy cake mix in a box or even just a shop-bought sponge (shhh, it will be our little secret!)
• Buttercream frosting – again, make your own frosting or buy some ready-made from the supermarket
• A bag of Candy melts or chocolate drops (we used a selection of pink, red and white for our cake pops)
• A selection of sprinkle cake decorations (we chose glitter sugar and 00’s and 000’s for ours)
• Cake Décor Glitter Spray – in Gold and Silver
• Cake Décor Choco Writers – in Milk, White and Dark
• A baking tray lined with greaseproof paper
• Cake pop sticks
Step 1: Take your cake and crumble into very fine crumbs in a bowl using your hands (don’t be scared to get your hands a bit messy for this part!)
Step 2: Add a small amount of buttercream frosting to the crumb mixture and mix again with your hands to combine. Be careful not to use too much frosting as you want the mixture to stick together, not to turn into a mushy mess!
Step 3: Now form your cake pops – scoop out small amounts of mixture (around the size of a ping-pong ball) and roll into balls with your hands. Place the balls onto your lined baking tray and place into the fridge to set for 15-20 minutes
Step 4: Melt your Candy Melts in a bowl following the instructions. Remove the balls of mixture from the fridge and dip a cake pop stick into the melted chocolate and insert into one of the balls. Repeat for all cake pops
Step 5: Once all sticks have been inserted, dip each cake pop fully into the melted chocolate and allow the excess to drip off
Step 6: While the chocolate is still wet, dip the top of the cake pop into any cake decoration of your choice. You can also create a swirl or checkered effect with our Choco Writers before adding any sprinkles
Step 7: Stand your cake pops upright to dry. You can use a piece of covered Styrofoam to hold the sticks in place or a cake pop holder. You could even use a glass to hold the cake pops, just make sure they don’t move or touch each other while they’re still wet!
Step 8: Once set, take the lid off your Glitter Spray and spray onto the cake pops from approximately 10cm away. Spray until you achieve your desired effect