Summer is fast approaching and what better treat to make than our two stripes ice-cream cone cupcakes! Perfect for any summer parties, BBQ’s or just a weekend treat. The kids will love them!
Using our Two Colour Stripes Cupcake Frostings decorating these fun cupcakes has never been easier!
Check out the recipe below and you can also download our printable recipe here: Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes Recipe
Ice-cream Cone Cupcakes:
- 12 x flat-bottomed ice cream cones
- 125g caster sugar
- 125g unsalted butter, softened
- 125g self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 x eggs
- 3 x tbsp milk
- 2 x tubes of Two Colour Stripe Cupcake Frosting (in Strawberry & Vanilla or Chocaholic Vanilla or one of each)
- Cake Décor’s 00’s & 000’s Sprinkles
- 4 x Flake bars (cut into 3 pieces)
- Preheat the oven to 190⁰C/Gas Mark 5.
- Stand each cone in a hole of a 12-hole muffin tin (use some scrunched up baking foil at the bottom of each cone to keep them steady).
- Whisk the butter, sugar and vanilla together using an electric hand whisk or beat with a wooden spoon until pale and creamy.
- Gradually whisk in the eggs until just combined. Add the flour and milk and whisk again until combined and fluffy.
- Divide the mixture between the cones and bake in the oven for 20−25 minutes until golden and risen.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to go cold.
- Open your tube of Two Colour Stripe Frosting (twist off cap and remove silver seal, replace cap and remove to reveal nozzle)
- Squeeze out frosting and pipe onto cone cupcakes in a circular, swirling motion.
- Sprinkle over 00’s and 000’s and insert one piece of chocolate flake.
If you don’t have a 12-hole muffin tin, take a large baking tray and cover the top with baking foil, tucking around the edges so it is taught and secure. With a knife carefully make 12 incisions in the foil evenly spaced apart. Carefully (so as not to rip the foil too much) insert the cones into each incision. This should keep the cones steady and in position.