Love is in the air this Valentine’s Day, and we have fallen head over heels in love with this Mirror Glaze Drip Cake! Use our brand new pot of Mirror Glaze to create a stunning drip effect on cakes, and don’t forget to pair it with pink and white frosting and sprinkle decorations to create the perfect Valentine’s Day cake!
Mirror Glaze is now available in Morrisons!
You will need:
• 2 tier sponge cake filled with buttercream frosting
• Cake Décor Mirror Glaze
• Pink & white buttercream frosting
• Pink & white shimmer pearl decorations
• To create the striped frosting effect, add the pink and white buttercream frostings to two separate piping bags. Pipe the stripes around your cake as neatly as you can and then smooth the buttercream with a side scraper. Pop your frosted cake in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill
• Remove the lid from your pot of Mirror Glaze and pop it in an 800W microwave on a medium heat for 30 seconds
• Give the chocolate glaze a slow stir and place back in the microwave for another 30 seconds
• Repeat as necessary until the chocolate is smooth and runny
• Remove your chilled cake from the fridge
• To create a drip effect, we recommend that you use a spoon to apply the glaze around the edges of your cake. Slowly let the glaze drip onto the cake and down the sides, and then add more glaze to cover the top of the cake. Make sure you don’t add too much as you don’t want more of the glaze to run down the sides of your cake
• Before the Mirror Glaze sets, sprinkle the top of your cake with pink & white shimmer pearl decorations
Mirror Glaze is available in Morrisons.