It’s week 3 of our Bake It Beautiful campaign and the focus this week is lace! Lace has taken the cake decorating world by storm, and now you can easily create your own lace decorations with our Gold Cake Lace Kit!
Decorating these lace cupcakes couldn’t be easier with our Cake Lace Kit and make sure you watch the video below to see just how simple it is!
You will need:
For the cake
• 175g self raising flour
• 175g softened butter
• 175g caster sugar
• 3 eggs
• 2 tsp vanilla extract
• 80g softened butter
• 250g icing sugar
• ½ tsp vanilla extract
• 25ml whole milk
• Cake Decor Gold Cake Lace Kit
• Cake Decor White Ready To Roll Icing
• Preheat your oven to 170C/Gas Mark 3
• Add the softened butter and caster sugar to a bowl and mix until pale and fluffy
• Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until well combined
• Gradually add the self raising flour and mix until you have a smooth batter
• Spoon the mixture equally into 12 cupcake cases and pop in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean
• While these are baking, make your buttercream frosting by mixing the butter, icing sugar, vanilla extract and milk in a bowl, and add some pink food colouring to make pretty pink frosting
• Fill a piping bag with the pink frosting and use a nozzle to frost each cupcake
• Take your Cake Lace Kit and a pallet knife, and spread the lace mix onto the mat and make sure all shapes are filled in. Scrape off any excess and return to the pot
• Pop the Cake Lace mat in the oven for 12-14 minutes
• Sprinkle your work surface with icing sugar and knead your ready to roll icing before thinly rolling out
• Cut out circles in various sizes for your cake toppers
• Gently peel the Cake Lace shapes from the mat and use a dab of water to adhere to the icing
• Place the circles on top of the frosting and enjoy your lace cupcakes!
The Cake Lace Kit is now available to purchase at selected Sainsbury’s, Morrisons and The Range stores.