These luxurious chocolate truffles make an ideal present when wrapped in some tissue and it a pretty box. A dusting of Cake Décor’s Glitter Spray in gold makes them extra special!
• 225g Dark Chocolate (70% cocoa)
• 250ml Double Cream
• 5og Unsalted butter
• Unsweetened Cocoa Powder (for dipping)
• Cake Décor Glitter Spray in Gold
• Chop the dark chocolate into small pieces and place in a large bowl
• Gently heat the cream in a saucepan until it is simmering then, pour over the chocolate
• Stir until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth
• Add in the butter in small pieces and mix until it has been incorporated
• At this point you could add some other flavourings if you wish – a dash of your favourite liqueur, the zest and juice of an orange or lemon?
• Place in the fridge or freezer to chill
• Once chilled, remove from the fridge or freezer and use a melon baller or a spoon to scoop up balls of the mixture. If needed, lightly roll between your palms to form a ball
• Roll the truffles in the cocoa powder to cover completely and place on some baking paper on a tray.
• Use the Cake Décor Glitter Spray and spray as desired over the truffles to make them sparkle!
• Chill and then enjoy your chocolate truffles!
Glitter Sprays are available in Sainsbury’s, Asda, Wilko and The Range.