Naked cakes are huge when it comes to wedding and occasion cakes, and we thought we would shake things up a little by creating these mini naked cakes! The cakes are so easy to decorate with the Cake Décor Glitter Spray, and we firmly believe that there is never such a thing as too much glitter!
You will need:
• A large sponge cake
• A round cookie cutter
• Buttercream frosting
• Cake Décor Glitter Spray in Gold
• Gold glimmer sugar sprinkles
• Take your large sponge cake and use the round cookie cutter to cut out mini cakes. You may need to use a knife to remove these from what’s left of the large cake!
• Use a knife to even off the top of your mini cakes as they may be a bit wonky
• Take your Gold Glitter Spray and cover the outside edges of the mini cake
• Cut your mini cake in half
• Pipe some buttercream frosting in the middle of your mini cake and add the top section
• Pipe some more buttercream frosting on this top section and spray the frosting with gold glitter
• Finally, sprinkle your cake creation with gold glimmer sugar and enjoy!
Make sure you also check out our super simple video tutorial on how to create these glitter mini cakes!