We hope we can brighten up this cold and gloomy Monday with some rose cake lace cupcakes. This combination of gold and pastels will be perfect for cake decorating in the spring as pastels and florals are everywhere, but there’s also no harm in enjoying both these trends before the spring months come along!
You will need:
• Cake Décor Cake Lace Kit
• Ready To Roll Icing (white for cupcakes and colour of your choice for roses)
• Batch of freshly baked cupcakes
• Roll out the white icing and use a round cutter to cut out circles large enough to cover the top of your cupcakes
• Follow the directions on the back of the Cake Lace Kit box to create the floral cake lace shapes
• Lightly brush the surface of your fondant cake toppers with water and press the cake lace shapes in the centre
• Thinly roll out the coloured icing to create long, thin slices of fondant icing, and then trim both ends of the slice so that they are straight
• Starting from one of the newly trimmed ends, roll the icing like a Swiss roll until a rose has been created
• Lightly brush the centre of your cake lace shapes with water and press the fondant roses on top to fix
Now all that’s left to do is to step back and admire your beautiful lace cupcakes!
The Cake Lace Kit is now available to purchase at Sainsbury’s.