You will need:
• 115g Cake Décor Coconut Flavour-ice
• 115 caster sugar
• 4 large egg whites (at room temperature)
• Preheat your oven to 100°C and line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper
• Add the 4 egg whites to a mixing bowl and beat on a medium speed until the mixture is light and fluffy, but elastic enough to stand in peaks when lifted
• Increase the speed of the electric whisk and gradually add the caster sugar one tablespoon at a time – we recommend you beat the mixture for around 5 seconds between each spoonful of sugar. You’ll know the mixture is ready when it looks glossy and thick
• Slowly sift the Coconut Flavour-ice into the mixture, one third at a time, and gently fold it in with a metal spoon. Keep mixing until the mixture is looking smooth and bouncy
• Add the mixture to the baking trays one tablespoon at a time, making an oval shape for each meringue
• Bake in the oven for around an hour and a half, until the meringues are crisp
• Leave to cool on a cooling rack and all that’s left to do is enjoy!
Flavour-ice is now available in Sainsbury’s and online at Sprinkles & Co!