It’s week 7 of our Bake It Beautiful series, and this week we’re focusing on one of our favourite things.. chocolate!
The possibilities really are endless when it comes to decorating cakes and bakes with chocolate, and we definitely can’t get enough of the delicious chocolatey taste!
For all you chocoholics out there, we’ve made the ultimate chocolate cake using Choco Writers and our Chocolatey Strands. Keep reading for our super simple decorating guide and video tutorial!
You will need:
For the cake
• 175g self-raising flour
• 175g softened butter
• 175g golden caster sugar
• 3 eggs
• 3 tbsp golden syrup
• 40g cocoa powder
For the filling
• 200g softened butter
• 600g icing sugar
• 80g cocoa powder
• 80ml milk
• Squares of chocolate
• Cake Décor Choco Writers
• Cake Décor Chocolatey Strands
• Add the softened butter and golden caster sugar to a bowl and mix until combined
• Add the eggs, golden syrup, cocoa powder and flour and continue to mix until everything is combined
• Split the mixture between 2 lined cake tins and pop in the oven
• Melt your Choco Writer in boiling water and snip the end of the nozzle off
• Print out our flower stencil and cover with baking paper
• Trace the flower shapes with your Milk Choco Writer and fill the centres with the White Choco Writer
• Fill and frost your chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream icing
• Pipe chocolate frosting around the edges of your cake and sprinkle Chocolatey Strands in the centre
• Carefully peel your chocolate flowers from the baking paper and place onto your frosted cake
You can also watch our super simple tutorial on how to create this amazing chocolate cake below!
Choco Writers are now available to purchase in Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Asda, Morrisons, Wilko, The Range and online at Sprinkles & Co.