Our Cake Lace Kit can be used for so many things, and one of these is to create beautifully decorated lace biscuits. The kit includes a number of unique designs that would be perfect for adding a touch of luxury to biscuits, cupcakes or any other sweet treats, and we can’t get enough of the gold lace paired with this selection of pink icings!
You can create an assortment of biscuits like we have, or you can stick to one shape and one colour of icing and make a batch of stunning biscuits that would be great for any occasion!
• 250g softened butter
• 140g caster sugar
• 300g plain flour
• 1 egg yolk
• 2 tsp vanilla extract
• ready to roll icing
• Cake Décor Cake Lace Kit
• Mix the softened butter and caster sugar in a large bowl with a wooden spoon
• Add the egg yolk and vanilla extract to the mixture and beat until combined
• Sift the plain flour into the mixture and continue to beat until mixture is well combined – you may need to do this with your hands to make sure that everything is mixed!
• Roll out the mixture and cut into shapes
• Pop in the oven and leave to bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown
• To decorate, thinly roll out the icing and use the same cutters as previously used for the biscuit shapes
• Follow the instructions on the back of the Cake Lace Kit box to create an assortment of cake lace shapes
• To fix the cake lace to the icing, lightly brush the surface with water and gently press the cake lace on top – allowing to dry for a few minutes
• Press the iced shapes on top of the biscuits. You’re now free to enjoy your gorgeous lace biscuits!
The Cake Lace Kit is now available to purchase at Sainsbury’s.